Be A Solution To Water Pollution
1. Have your septic system inspected and pumped at least once every three to five years. Septic tanks can be cleaned by cleaning firms permitted by the Gwinnett County Health Department. This type of work should only be done by experienced professionals who will pump the entire contents of the tank into a tank truck and then dispose of the contents in an approved, sanitary manner. Contact the Health Department for additional information. Septic Tank Brochure
2. Never dump anything down a storm drain or a drainage ditch.
3. Recycle motor oil and other vehicle fluids.
4. Throw litter in its place.
5. Clean up after your pet.
6. Compost yard clippings.
7. Wash your vehicle on your lawn rather than on pavement.
8. Tell a friend or neighbor about how to prevent pollution and get involved in your community.
Please contact Customer Service at the City of Buford (678-889-4600) with questions concerning the Sewer Department.